VW2018 menu drop down oddities

mike-h

Question

Has anyone experienced similar to the attached screenshot? About 40% of my drop down menu items have the text "x20" somewhere within the tools/ commands.... odd?!

I don't really want to have to uninstall-reinstall already (only migrated yesterday)  but will do if that might help.

Mike

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 09.53.25.png

8 answers to this question

Thanks for that, I didn't 'do' anything to migrate the workspace, just dragged it into the 2018 User...defaults folder. Should/ could I have done something more cunning? There are lots of items and I don't really want to remove and add them back in as I dind't make our workspace so not really familiar. If a reinstall would work that would be more efficient for me!

• Marionette Maven

In order to bring 2017 workspaces up to 2018 properly, they need to be migrated through the migration manager.

If you're okay losing your custom workspace until you migrate it the right way, you can just delete the workspace you moved over and use the default workspace on next launch. 

I don't remember off the top of my head how to get to the migration manager, but there should be info on the forum somewhere, or I can check when I get into the office. 

Hope this helps!