2017 TITLE BLOCK QUESTION

bc

Question

So I have created a custom title block by way of attaching records to text and saving as symbol in the Sheet Border-Title Block file.

It is very simple and basically works OK.

I thought there was a way that one cold take the Sheet Number text and attach or format it such that when you place your Title Block on your Sheet Layer, the number of that sheet layer automatically populates the title block in the Sheet Number text. Is this so?

Any insight here would be appreciated.  Right now my title block will fill in for project wide info but all the S_ attached texts must be manually applied to each page.

I think I remember otherwise....maybe some setting or preference?

thanks

EDIT,  I FIGURED OUT THAT I HAD TO UN ATTACH MY RECORD TO THAT TEXT AND CHANGE THE RECORD TO ONE WITH AN  " _SN" SUFFIX.

SO... ANY ONE KNOW ABOUT MY PS

bc

PS  While on the subject of Custom Title Blocks, can someone please inform me of the file location to place this TB so it doesn't get overwritten by updates?

Edited by bc

4 answers to this question

Hi re. your PS you have to put the TB in your User folder (this is hidden on the Mac to avoid accidents - shortcut is ctrl-shift-dot to show hidden files) I have attached a screenshot showing the location - I'm not sure if it needs to be called My Custom Title Blocks but that is how VW call that file I believe. Sorry not sure how that pans out if your on a PC. Just one thing, I worked all this out a couple of months ago and sorted out a set of title block templates, and this has now all changed substantially with the upgrade to VW2018, see other posts on the forums. As and when you make that move you will have to unlearn/ relearn it all, but hopefully the initial bugs will have been ironed out by then. The TB you have created can be converted to a 2018 sheet border when you open the file.

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 09.44.51.png