G Troyer

Shortcut key to change attributes?

Is there any way to program a shortcut that changes the attribute of an object from "solid" to "none" and vice versa? 

It gets old constantly going to attribute box and using the drop down menu to make the change. Thanks!

• Like 2

That would be a big help. Maybe something to add to the Object Context menu?

It drives me absolutely BONKERS that I cannot right click on something and change its attributes. Why not?  Like maybe attributes are less important that properties? Not true.

Is there any kind of vectorscript or other automated process that can be used to accomplish this task? Changing attributes is a repetitive task most users encounter.

I'm sure there are a bunch of scripts out there that people could share however I've noticed many contributors to this forum and myself included typically set all attributes "by-class" and have a class structure system built into their files.

This has several benefits including:

-saving time setting object attributes

-standardising drawing appearance throughout a file, between files and between users in the same office.

-"global" editing of all objects on the same class by editing the class attributes

-Enabling effective use of viewport class overrides.

the only downside is that a class system requires some effort up front to set up and typically you need quite a few classes to cover the range of object types you are dealing with.

However if done well class the classes are generally straight forward to manage.