DWG Import question

Issue 1

I am importing an Autocad 2000 Drawing into VW 10.5

The Scenic Designer hasn't really attached all his objects and symbols to class solids.

I select all across all layers and attach all to its class fill delineations ?it works all except the symbols.

Is there any I can force all the contents of all symbols to attach them-self to it?s class layer fill properties instead of the drudgery of going into each freaking symbol and selecting all and then selecting it?s fill to class properties?

Issue 2

I find that when I create a new drawing by importing a DXF or DWG that the VW line dashes are substantially different then what I am used to by creating a VW drawing and then go?.

After creating a new drawing by importing a DXF/DWG I usually have to open a new drawing and cut and paste in place by layer from the imported drawing into my new drawing . It?s just a pain.

My question is why are the Line dashes so different? I?m sure (just a feeling, no empirical proof) Autocad is driving that, but can?t VW be smart enough to know not to allow Autocad line dashes into the import OR add them below the stock VW line dashes?

Thanks for any help