Videogame Walkthrough 2018 Acting Funny?

Tom Klaber

Question

19 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am not seeing a change, I DID notice an issue at the Summit where 2018 if it had more than one document open and doing anything related to the VGM (Top/plan or 3D view on the design layer) that view changes including the walkthrough tool stopped working intermittantly.

Are you able to replicate this in a simple 2018 test file with no other 2018 docs open as well?

Confirmed.

Getting the same weird laggy issue with a single rectangle extrude.

It looks like the mouse needs a mouse pad - which is what I thought at first.  There is weird lag - jiggering - then sometimes slow continuing motion after the mouse has stopped moving.

Are you testing on Windows?

I have done 2 restarts.

I would just move back to 2017 except I converted all my titleblocks...:)

2 minutes ago, michaelk said:

New, somewhat sad, information.

If I unplug everything from my computer (2 month old 15" MBP) it works.

If I plug in my fancy new 43" 4K monitor:  craziness.

Yup.  I am on a laptop - when I unplug my external monitor - it seems to work.

Funny that 2017 can handle 2 screens no problem, but 2018 can not.

43"!  That is biggg.

I have a 40" - people make fun of it - but after 30 minutes - you never want to go back.

So, this is weird. I am able to replicate this issue if I use Teamviewer or Synergy, two control softwares I use to control more than one machine from the same keyboard and mouse. It goes completely haywire the instant I click, but if I use a local mouse and keyboard, I do not see the problem again.

I'm going to start fresh on this tomorrow morning, I would love this from any affected machines where the issue is actively occurring please, itll give me at least a basic hardware list:

Semi good results. It does seem that the resolution does affect the Walkthrough tool in gamer mode. The higher it goes, the more dramatic the effect. I can't make this happen at ALL on my MacBook but I was able to get the weird drift on an older Mac Pro and get both the drift and the outright spinning out of control on a Windows machine when I hooked it to an external 4K monitor. 

Submitting this all as a bug now: VB-145917