Autocad Switcher needs help!!!

Hi, im a new user of vectorworks and im having some kind of dificulty to find some answers to my questions.

I have one question that I think is very simple, but didnt fond yet the answer. In Autocad we can simply change the UCS, Ive altedy seen that Vectorworks do the same, but in Autocad I can simpy align the view with the ucs just using the plan command. DOES Vectorworks have a kind of plane command?

Please....

I've explained this in another post on the board.

You can't really do this in VW. You can set the grid to work at an angle, but the coordinate system doesn't exactly update to the new grid.

You'll need to use the floating datum in conjunction wtih the new grid.

Please note, there is an AutoCad to VW Training CD available. Please contact Sales for more information at 888-646-4223 (Sales@nemetschek.net)

Sauda??es Pixel2!

For 3D work I think you will find the numeric keypad a lot easier than the UCS for creating frontal and lateral extrudes right away. 3D working planes are there but I never really needed them.

For rotaded 2D drawing, there is really no equivalent... try this:

1. Change the grid angle and use the Datum as Katie proposed. Angled extention line alignements and snap to edge contraint can be useful too.

2. Draw unrotaded, create a Symbol, insert a rotated instance of the symbol where you need. Double-click the Symbol instance to edit it.

3. Draw unrotaded, create a new layer, create a Layer Link, unlock and rotate it.