Spotlight 2018 and Lightwright 6

td4stage

I successfully import my plot into LW...  Well, almost successfully.  "Universe" and "Address" do not import in.  They are present in every fixture on my plot and they are included in the parameters exported to Lightwright.  Then Lightwright directs me to click back on Vectorworks, I do, then all of my address and universe data is deleted.  I try to "Refresh Instruments" and I get nothing.

Anyone else seeing this!?

Thanks,

Pat

Pat: this would be a nightmare for me. I have installed but do not yet use 2018, due fears of this nature.

A question;

did you build the plot from scratch completely inside 2018, including using only 2018 version symbols, or did you use symbols and other drawing elements from previous versions?

thx

I have a VW file I call "Drawing Components 20XX" that I have ALL of my lighting symbols (based on the update for Vision 2017 symbols), seating, risers, etc. in.  When a new version of VW comes out, I open and resave as the new version.  But yes, they all or VW provided symbols.  This would be a serious pain if you had to rebuild your personal library's with every release.

Thanks,

Pat

23 minutes ago, td4stage said:

I have a VW file I call "Drawing Components 20XX" that I have ALL of my lighting symbols (based on the update for Vision 2017 symbols), seating, risers, etc. in.  When a new version of VW comes out, I open and resave as the new version.  But yes, they all or VW provided symbols.  This would be a serious pain if you had to rebuild your personal library's with every release.

Thanks,

Pat

Yes, it would.