Markvl

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, David Poiron said:

It would be great if this tool had some additional features:

1. Ability to add more than 4 ID symbols

2. Ability to have more customization of markers

3. Ability to use in section

4. Ability to rename the ID

I am using this tool for tagging walls - have not used it for other objects yet.

GREAT IDEAS!  Add it to the wish list (or I'll steal it & take all the credit!) :D

19 hours ago, David Poiron said:

It would be great if this tool had some additional features:

1. Ability to add more than 4 ID symbols

2. Ability to have more customization of markers

3. Ability to use in section

4. Ability to rename the ID

I am using this tool for tagging walls - have not used it for other objects yet.

I agree these all would be valuable additions to the tag.

Hi @Alan Woodwell,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner.  VW is off the radar on the weekends if you know what I mean.

I did get it to work.  Make sure that you have under the Data tab for your wall the  "Mark" filled in.  This is your wall ID number/letter.

Also when you are ready to place a tag first click on an open spot away from the wall then click on to the wall.

Let us know how you made out.

ScreenHunter_59 Dec. 11 07.54.jpg

Nice work gents. Great thread. Off line I have kept pulling to see how far it would go…

@Alan Woodwell To clarify @Markvlcomments, to use the ID Label tool with walls, you need to have wall styles applied.

Regarding wall style/type schedules, the information attached to the wall styles can be used in a worksheet whether you chose to use the ID Label tool or not. But if you had gone to the trouble of creating wall styles and named them to your studio standard (in the mark field), why wouldn't you use the ID Label tool?

@MarkvlThe marker symbols appear to be coming from this file. Whilst you may not be able to rename the symbol (I am checking on that) you should be able to reformat them. The only issue with that is you need to update (or check the file has not been updated) for each new Vectorworks install or service pack (Swapping out default base files is not for the faint of heart ;).

5a3043bef1d6d_ScreenShot2017-12-13at8_00_06am.thumb.png.ab728be4083b96ffd669465909ac983d.png

PS You can set the ID marker style defaults in the options dialogue of the ID/Specification prompt.

5a3052dc5672a_ScreenShot2017-12-13at9_05_06am.thumb.png.ab643978be81599be40f063731637ce8.png

Cheers.

• 10 months later...

Hello all. Great thread and helpful. Move fwd 2 years and VW19 has its data tags. Has any one started using these yet? lots of potential. I'm having a problem with the rotation of these. I started with a default data tag style for walls, but it seems to lock the rotation down, even though it gives you an option to change it, this does not seem to work. So walls running vertically on the screen, the tag runs vertically? walls running 45 degrees, so the data tag is locked to 45. Even though the rotation is not a style control parameter in the OIP?   Is there a tick box I'm missing. 

Thanks