Vectorworks Intuition

I've just recently purchased Vectorworks and am trying to learn it's interface and intuition. I have previously only used SolidEdge and am therefor finding it difficult to switch intuition modes if you will. I was wondering about how Vectorworks handled certain things that I am used to seeing/doing in Solid Edge.

1)Assemblies. I am accustomed to creating individual parts and then combining them in a seperate assembly as you would put together apiece of machinery. Is this done merely by creating all your parts in a single file? Perhaps seperated by layers or object classes?

2)Engineering drawings. Again, I am accustomed to creating a 3D solid part, then exporting that part to a drawing in which i can have multiple views of the part (top, right, left and isometric for example). how are multiple view, 2D drawings obtained from a 3D object in Vectorworks?

3)There are other tools I am also accumstomed to seeing, such as cutouts, revolved cutouts etc. Perhaps they have more of machining/shaping language in Solid Edge, but with what tools are such actions performed?

I'm sure there will be more as I continue to explore the program...