Hidden Line Render Mode not hiding everything in 2018.

Chintan

Hello, I am making a spec drawing of a simple kiosk, showing all 4 sides (Front, Back, Side & Top) on a sheet layer.

I am using VW 2018.

I've used Hidden Line render mode. For some reason it is not hiding everything, please see attached screenshot.

Notice in the back view of the kiosk, it should hide the horizontal lines for the counter top (which is in front) but it still shows, same with the little sign box on the top. Although it hides the TV in the middle.

Please suggest if I am doing anything wrong. BTW this feature worked fine in VW 2017.

Thanks a lot.

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 9.21.02 AM.png

The first thing I'd try is selecting all of those viewports and toggling your Background render setting back to Wireframe and then back to Hidden Line. Your viewports should all show the outdated viewport border and need re-rending after doing this. This often seems to reset things.

There's a chance your viewports are outdated (eg. showing in wireframe) and you have the outdated viewport border turned off. This option is found under File>Document Settings>Document Preferences on the Display pane. Its the checkbox for "Display out-of-date border".

Kevin

Thanks for your time Kevin.

Looks like there are some other feature checked on/off somewhere else, as the viewports are up to date and I even reset them by changing to wireframe and back to hidden lines.
Also checked the "Display out-of-date border" on, and made sure no red borders showing.

So I rendered the same object in Design Layer using Hidden Line and same result - hidden objects are showing through the overlapping objects.

Then I exported the file to open in 2017 - and it immediately showed desired results in 2017. (See attached)

I should keep looking for other factors that are affecting this to happen in 2018. 

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 9.03.12 AM.png

• 6 months later...