Snapping points in 2018

MartinFahrer

Question

Is anyone else having these problems?  

1- I have to really zoom in on an object to find the "midpoint" snapping point.  Every time I look for the midpoint V works wants to snap to anything else that is close by.  Any ideas/ tips or tricks.

2- when I get close to an object that are near each other, it always picks the object I don't want to snap to maybe it has something to do with the front back order?

Thanks for any help, and or advice.  I am not classically trained at this CAD stuff, drafted 20 years by hand and making the transition.

8 answers to this question

On 9/22/2017 at 5:50 AM, MartinFahrer said:

Mark,

Thanks!! yes that is the case, I wonder how that got turned on?  so many intricacies to learn.

To my knowledge Master Snaps first appeared in VW2017 and was active by default. I too was frustrated with this when first using VW2017 but all was good after doing what Markdd suggested. I have yet to turn it back on.

Which begs the question why Master Snaps, ostensibly intended to enhance point acquisition, would behave this way!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RGyori said:

To my knowledge Master Snaps first appeared in VW2017 and was active by default. I too was frustrated with this when first using VW2017 but all was good after doing what Markdd suggested. I have yet to turn it back on.

Which begs the question why Master Snaps, ostensibly intended to enhance point acquisition, would behave this way!

You know I think I fought with it to but became extremely obvious and annoying using a pen display rather than a mouse.