wprescott

Attaching objects to truss

Question

I am having an issue getting things like Speaker Arrays, or projectors/Screens to attach to truss to be included in the weight calculations 

ANyone have a solution?

4 answers to this question

I know probably silly question, but did you turn your truss into a hang position?  they should connect after it is converted.

so when you use the truss insertion tool i don't believe you have to. attaching lighting is fine its other things like speakers and screens.

but to answer your actual question, yes i have tried that but these things still dont attach properly to the truss.

ALSO, when i want to do arrays off a single point and there is no truss required, how do you get that to attach to each other. i have tried converting the arrays to truss but still no luck

the only work around i have found is to not include these items in the calculations and then inserting a load point on the truss where my speakers, screens, projectors, etc. are

• Like 1

On 9/21/2017 at 1:01 PM, Rob Books said:

I know probably silly question, but did you turn your truss into a hang position?  they should connect after it is converted.

I have done this and drawn things on a hanging position and they don't auto-attach.  I have to right click and manually attach everything other than lights.  (most of the time,  some times lights too)

On 9/21/2017 at 1:28 PM, wprescott said:

so when you use the truss insertion tool i don't believe you have to. attaching lighting is fine its other things like speakers and screens.

but to answer your actual question, yes i have tried that but these things still dont attach properly to the truss.

ALSO, when i want to do arrays off a single point and there is no truss required, how do you get that to attach to each other. i have tried converting the arrays to truss but still no luck

the only work around i have found is to not include these items in the calculations and then inserting a load point on the truss where my speakers, screens, projectors, etc. are

I have the same issue.  2018 SP1.