Viewport not showing what is outside of crop

nikihoops

Question

First of all sorry for my rubbish title, could think what to write!!

So in VW2017 when editing your viewport crop you could see (in grey) what was outside of your crop, I find this useful. I have noticed however that in VW2018 this doest seem to happen? Is it a feature that just needs to be turned back on?

I have (hopefully) attached two images to show what I mean. 

Thanks in advance. 

VW2017.png

VW2018.png

13 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, JimW said:

Should be controlled under Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Display > Show Other Objects while in editing modes.

Hi JimW

Thanks for the quick response. 

I just had a look and the 'show other objects while in editing modes' is already checked? (I've tried unchecking and re-checking with no luck)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

For Design Layer Viewports, it works, showing the rest of the model in grayed wireframe when editing the crop object, with darker wireframe within the crop.

However, on a sheet layer, the "Other Objects" being shown when i toggle the setting seem to be the other viewports on the sheet layer but not the rest of the model contained in the viewport im actively editing. I just tried the same test in 2017 and got the same result. This seems unfamiliar but I'll confer with the techs and see what's going on or if I simply never noticed the change before.

9 minutes ago, JimW said:

For Design Layer Viewports, it works, showing the rest of the model in grayed wireframe when editing the crop object, with darker wireframe within the crop.

However, on a sheet layer, the "Other Objects" being shown when i toggle the setting seem to be the other viewports on the sheet layer but not the rest of the model contained in the viewport im actively editing. I just tried the same test in 2017 and got the same result. This seems unfamiliar but I'll confer with the techs and see what's going on or if I simply never noticed the change before.

Again thanks for looking into this Jim 

1 hour ago, JimW said:

In my copy of VW2017 it shows the rest of the visible layers/classes of the design layer(s) in grey when resizing or moving the crop, maybe something got broken in SP4 on Mac?
My settings are in the screen capture below when double clicking on a sheet layer viewport.

Viewport crop change settings.png

Edited by Art V
On 1/23/2019 at 3:06 PM, iswope said:

Did this ever get sorted out? My work around is to delete the crop box then the entire layer comes into view, you can then re draw it where you want.

Yes it was solved as above. What are you having an issue with specifically?

Sorry for the late reply.