Offset Tool Inconsistency

markdd

Question

I found this inconsistency today that I hadn't noticed before. Is anybody else experiencing it and do you think its working as designed? You can offset simple Flat Plane Nurbs surfaces. The tool keeps all attributes the same with the offset surface apart from the texture, which reverts to the class texture. In the offset Original Object Mode, isn't the tool just meant to offset the object?

Offset_tool_inconsistency.mov

Offset Nurbs.vwx

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I'm PRETTY confident in calling this a bug, I was able to replicate immediately. Same behavior with a 3D poly, the other other 3D objects I know of that an both be affected by the Offset tool as well as have a texture.

2D objects always keep their fill and pen attributes when being offset, so I would expect 3D offsets to do the same with textures. Submitting as a bug now. VB-145794

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

In what may very well be a record in bug report response speed, this issue is slated to be fixed. Most likely in SP2 but i'll see about getting it moved to SP.

(In all honestly however, I think engineering may decide to focus on a number of issues related to the Title Block first which I would completely understand.)