Can you import .cad files into Vectorworks Landmark?

Cascades

If your old program doesn't have an export to DWG capability then if you can find someone who has Autosketch it seems you can use that to export them to DWG.

Use AutoSketch to open the .cad file and then save it to DWG format. To do this, choose "Save As" from the File menu and then choose "AutoCAD 2007 Drawing(*.DWG)" (or an older format, if needed). The DWG 2007 format is the newest that AutoSketch can save to.

You can't buy Autosketch now so you will need to find an existing Autosketch user.

.cad files could also be QuickCAD files (also from Autodesk) or Drafix files. I used to have a copy of QuickCAD but not sure if I still have it.

You could try using this free copy of Autosketch for converting files into DWG, though I don't know if this limited version will also open .cad files, but if it does it might solve your problem

http://www.cadstudio.cz/en/download.asp?file=AutoSketch+Release+2.1fc+-+limited+version+for++conversion+of+old+.SKD+files

Cadstudio is the Chzech distributor of AutoCAD and they do have some nice free tools on their site. If this autosketch version cannot open the .cad files let me know and I'll look if I still have my copy of QuickCAD and will then give it a try if I still have it.