Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Tube along arrayed objects -Marionette

Alkistis

Hello everybody! (again)

I am unsure how to make something in marionette. 

I have already made an array of objects along a path, which are then subtracted by a boundary volume. The result is the one seen on the screen shot. 

What I am trying to do now, is create a tube passing from the middle of the top edges of all arrayed objects. 

I am trying to use the "Get 3D edge" command and then create a NURB, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Any ideas? 

Thank you :) 

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 15.53.44.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 15.53.30.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello,

Its hard to know exactly what is happening based on images. If you could share the file that would be much more helpful. The things I notice in the image of the script are 1) I am not sure why there is a Mix2 node - it seems like you are just trying to create three curves based on an original and two offset vectors but I am not sure without seeing the curves and the values in the script. 2) Your circle is not connected to the network so I don't really know how you want to use it.

Hello 

Thank you for the reply.I m sharing the file here. The loose circle is just pending for now, since I m missing the rest of the script. 

Maybe sending the script was a bit confusing as it is work in progress.The main point is that I don't know how to create a NURB from points on those arrayed extrusions, in order to eventually create a tube. 

Sorry for the confusion. 

Alkistis_tube_trial.vwx

• Marionette Maven

So unrelated to Sarah's comments, which I think still need to be discussed, here's a way to get closer to what you're trying to achieve.

I would recommend not using the Get 3D Edge node, because that won't help you with this problem. Instead, I used the Get 3D Info and Get Bounding Box nodes to locate the correct position.

These nodes won't be foolproof when you start changing some values in your script, though. I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but this is at least a step in a better direction.

Alkistis_tube_trial_v2017_MFarrell.vwx