Dylan Bomgardner

Title Block Position

Question

Hello all,

I am having issues with VW 2018 placing my sheet border and Title block into the right place.    Everytime I tell it to insert the border, it automatically is defaulting to separate origin.   I have gone into the settings and have told it to fit to sheet, I have also reset the sheet origin to be the center of the sheet, but the issue persists as is.   I have tried it with a few different sheet border from my custom ones to the stock vectorwork, still no resolve.  Any recommendations?

Screenshot 2017-09-20 09.54.30.png

4 answers to this question

Use the move page tool to put the origin at the centre of the page. I think this is new for 2018. 

That worked for me.

2 hours ago, Dylan Bomgardner said:

Hello all,

I am having issues with VW 2018 placing my sheet border and Title block into the right place.    Everytime I tell it to insert the border, it automatically is defaulting to separate origin.   I have gone into the settings and have told it to fit to sheet, I have also reset the sheet origin to be the center of the sheet, but the issue persists as is.   I have tried it with a few different sheet border from my custom ones to the stock vectorwork, still no resolve.  Any recommendations?

I believe this is recognized as a bug - 

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/51726-2018-titleblock-issue/&do=findComment&comment=259887

The work around is to move the page back to the origin. You can move it manually as markdd suggests or if you double click on the Page Move tool the page will automatically realign at the origin.

Kevin

This is not working for me.  I am unable to move the page tool. It's 2 am and I need to get a 20 sheet set of drawings out and this happens?! WTF.  ahh VEctorworks.

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 1.54.44 AM.jpg