Hanging Positions don't assign Heights anymore.

markdd

Question

14 answers to this question

I don't have Spotlight so have to make a guess here. Do you mean that you put an object in 3D on top of another 3D object but the placed object does not get a z-height? That sounds like a bug to me.
Unless it is a layer with a Z-height, then it could be that the height within that layer remains 0 as the height is then relative to the layer, but I guess you already know that.

I have this same question. I cannot even get my hanging positions made from light pipes to assign a Z value. That was like 90% of the value of converting lighting pipes for me. Hoping it is just a bug. Worth noting that if I change the height of a hanging position with lights already on it they do adjust their Z by that much, so it is tracking once it's dropped just not attaching itself to the Z value initially.

Edited by wclights
On 9/23/2017 at 4:17 PM, wclights said:

So about half the time my light will associate with the z-position, but even if it does I have found if I change the design layer the instrument is on (like when I accidentally draft it into the wrong layer to begin with) it almost always resets the z-position to 0".

I am on SP1 and have run in to this too.  The Z height changing when reassigning layers is driving me insane.  I have had it happen with lights and video walls so far.

Edited by Wesley Burrows

Do your layers have different heights?

My habit from previous versions is always to draw lighting position symbols at Z=0. Then there is never any confusion over position height or where on the symbol the fixture lands. It seems that truss objects in the library don't follow this rule as they have 0,0 at the truss center. :(

This has also driven me insane these last few weeks drafting a complex plot with instruments at all sorts of random heights that need fixing just because the new hanging position will not function as it is meant to. Longing for the new service pack to arrive. Hopefully a whole slew of bugs will be fixed then.

32 minutes ago, RickR said:

Do your layers have different heights?

My habit from previous versions is always to draw lighting position symbols at Z=0. Then there is never any confusion over position height or where on the symbol the fixture lands. It seems that truss objects in the library don't follow this rule as they have 0,0 at the truss center. :(

No,  brand new layers with no height.    

On one hand Braceworks has saved me a bunch of time,   on the other,  I'm beating my head against the wall with some otherwise simple tasks. 

Edited by Wesley Burrows