VW2018 Title Blocks: displaying revision data in a worksheet

We're trying to update the worksheet we'd previously used to visually track issues and revisions in our drawing sets. Displaying the issue data fields is straightforward, as new record formats are automatically generated for each issue, however the revision data for multiple revisions seems to be stored by prepending the values in the individual Revision Data fields. Presumably one could use the SUBSTRING function in a worksheet to pull out the desired portion of each field if one knew what delimiter was being used and the corresponding syntax for that function. The attached screen shot shows the revision list in our test title block and the worksheet with the Revision Data fields we're trying to display. Any help is greatly appreciated, as it would be very helpful for us to display a full issue and revision matrix in one worksheet. Thanks!

Cheers,

Markus

p.s.: the Project Revision History worksheet that the new "Issue Manager" (a misnomer IMHO) does not produce a list of the revision notes, dates, and numbers, which is what we're looking for

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 13.10.48.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Nikolay,

The Sheet Revision Log that the 'Issue Manager' (which really only creates a report – it doesn't help you manage your sheet issues) produces doesn't actually report any of the Revision Data fields, only the 'Current Revision' field for each Issue. Please see the attached screen shot. Again, when I try to display the actual revision data fields (as per the other screen shot of the Revision Data tab of the Title Block Border Settings dialog, all of the data for the individual revisions is strung together, per my post above. 

I think a real Issue / Revision manager would allow us to directly enter data in a matrix (presumably in a worksheet) with a single-view overview of the whole drawing set, rather than having to click through dialogs for each and every sheet. I'm ditching the built-in system and using our own fields within the Sheet Data form, allowing us to do exactly that. Moreover, we'll use our own boolean field for indicating which sheet is part of the current set, so that we can also toggle this from the same drawing set management worksheet rather than having to do this individually on each and every sheet layer & title block...

Cheers,

Markus

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 07.56.39.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 07.57.17.png

Edited by Markus Barrera-Kolb

Thanks Nikolay, that does display the revision information, however, none of the information here is actually linked to the data fields, doesn't update automatically, and certainly can't be used to update or enter revision information. It also doesn't give me any clues as to how I might be able to list the revision information in the revision fields separately in my own worksheet.

Here's a screenshot of drawing set management worksheet we've developed for 2018, where we can enter most of the data directly and manage the whole set in one place with a complete overview. We use a boolean to indicate whether a title block is just a placeholder for a sheet actually provided by others, so that it'll show up in our sheet index, our own boolean that indicates whether the sheet is part of the current set (can be toggled right in the worksheet), and our own combined issue/revision fields, which can be entered directly here as well. It'd be great to be able to use the built-in system in this fashion, without having to click through individual dialogs for each sheet, but alas...

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 08.52.34.png

• 2 years later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Markus Barrera-Kolb,

I accidently saw this thread and that it does not have the latest update in it.

From VW 2020 Revision Data could be extracted in worksheets like regular records, as there is separate record for each revision, so it should be working better for you now. 🙂

Let me know if you have any questions about the new functionality.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov