VW2018 Title Block Border: issue & revision lists double spaced?

Markus Barrera-Kolb

Question

Is anyone getting double-spaced issue and revision lists with the new Title Block Border object? I don't see any place where I'd be able to control this, other than the 'host' text object in the Title Block Layout to which the issue / revision data fields are linked, but these are already set to single space. This will quickly use up the available space on our title blocks...

Cheers,

Markus

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 12.09.58.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 12.09.22.png

17 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Michal Zarzecki,

The default spacing between the Issue/Revision data displayed in the TBB layout is taken from the text size of the text object that is with the Issue/Revision formula. The spacing factor is setting a multiplier for this value in percents. Meaning, if you have text size set to 24pt = 8mm if you are using 100% spacing factor you will end up with 8 * 100% = 8mm distance between the revisions. If you set the spacing factor to 200% you will end up with 8 * 200% = 16 mm, etc.

If this is not working for you, could you send me a test file showing your issue?

As for the number of revisions, you could specify how many revisions are shown in the layout with the "Show the X Most Current Revisions on the Drawing" option. However, I do not think that there is any way to get the total number of revisions displayed. If this is not what you were asking for, could you elaborate and maybe send an example file or screen recording?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov, thank you for the response.

Indeed something is not working with that spacing, as the gap is too big, as shown on the attached shot. I tried to change it to 25% and there was no change - hence my lack of understanding.

Regarding the second thing, I must have been misunderstood there. What I would like to achieve is to have the last, say, 6 no. revisions in the revision table, whilst the only recent one shown at the bottom right corner. At the moment, the latter is repeated as well. In the table, I use RevisionData.Number field, whilst in the bottom - IssueData.Current (or something along these lines). I thought that by doing that I would get what I envisaged, but not quite apparently.

Any thoughts?

When I have access to VW I will send you an exemplar file with my TB.

2 minutes ago, Michal Zarzecki said:

Regarding the second thing, I must have been misunderstood there. What I would like to achieve is to have the last, say, 6 no. revisions in the revision table, whilst the only recent one shown at the bottom right corner. At the moment, the latter is repeated as well. In the table, I use RevisionData.Number field, whilst in the bottom - IssueData.Current (or something along these lines). I thought that by doing that I would get what I envisaged, but not quite apparently.

I think that you should use the Title Block Border field Current Revision Number in your formula. It will show you only the most current revision number.

The result you are seeing is because you are using Issue Data formula and it is automatically trying to make a table by displaying the information of the x most recent issues as with revisions. However, if you want to use the issue formula, you could make it into a custom formula and then it will not expand like that with other values.

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov, thanks for that - apparently this is what it was. Quite confusing though.

Regarding the spacing - I must have misunderstood your explanation. It seems to me that it isn't about the distance between revisions (like line spacing), but the size of the gap between the top of the lower and bottom of the next one. Well, I used 12% and it now looks right.

Since we have been using Rev. 00 for the initial issue, I need to work out how to do that. Any tips?

On 9/21/2017 at 7:33 AM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello Markus,

You could edit Issue/Revision line spacing of a Title Block Border using the Issue/Revision Note Spacing Factor control in Issue/Revision Data panes in Title Block Border Settings dialog. See the attached picture.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

LineSpacing.PNG

Using the above method, I also find that changing this setting has no effect.

**edit - my mistake - confusion between style and instance settings.

For me something around 12% worked well too.

Edited by line-weight
On 12/19/2019 at 3:55 AM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

I think that you should use the Title Block Border field Current Revision Number in your formula. It will show you only the most current revision number.

The result you are seeing is because you are using Issue Data formula and it is automatically trying to make a table by displaying the information of the x most recent issues as with revisions. However, if you want to use the issue formula, you could make it into a custom formula and then it will not expand like that with other values.

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov Is there a way to link the Current Revision Note instead of Current Revision Number? I'd like to put the design phase on the cover sheet, separately from the Issue Log. Currently, we've added a parameter to the Project Data called "Current Issue" and we manually input the phase. Since we also put the phase in as the Issue Note, I'd like to have it pull that data from the Issue Log rather than put in the information twice.

• Like 1
On 12/31/2021 at 6:33 PM, EmilyArch said:

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov Is there a way to link the Current Revision Note instead of Current Revision Number? I'd like to put the design phase on the cover sheet, separately from the Issue Log. Currently, we've added a parameter to the Project Data called "Current Issue" and we manually input the phase. Since we also put the phase in as the Issue Note, I'd like to have it pull that data from the Issue Log rather than put in the information twice.

Hello @EmilyArch,

Happy new year! 🙂 If I understand correctly you want the Current Revision Note to appear in the Title Block Layout, right? If so, you can create new custom linked text formula and add the Revision Data.Latest Note there as shown in the image below. The same works for all other Revision/Issue data fields in custom linked text formulas.

image.png

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov