Title Block Scaling Issue

Marconi

Question

Greetings,

I'm having a peculiar issue with the new title block tool in VW Spotlight 2018. I'm not having any issue with placing or scaling sheet borders, however every title block I attempt to place or update from an earlier version drawing shrinks to a completely useless size. As far as I can tell there is no adjustment on this sizing and aside from custom creating a title block, I cant work with it. Am I missing something or is this part of a title block bug? I've included a test file that contains only the border and title block in question. Any insight is appreciated. In the meantime, I'll just be firing up VW2017 to use as a title block tool  o_O.

title test.vwx

7 answers to this question

It's because you are using the title block on a design layer. If you insert it on a sheet layer, then all will be well. It seems that if you have design layers set to a scale other than 1:1 the title block will remain fixed at the scale it was drawn at. Very counter intuitive I agree. The fix, if you want to use a title block on a design layer drawn at a scale other than 1:1 is to edit the title block and scale accordingly.

Edited by markdd
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, markdd said:

It's because you are using the title block on a design layer. If you insert it on a sheet layer, then all will be well. It seems that if you have design layers set to a scale other than 1:1 the title block will remain fixed at the scale it was drawn at. Very counter intuitive I agree. The fix, if you want to use a title block on a design layer drawn at a scale other than 1:1 is to edit the title block and scale accordingly.

That worked, thank you! And I suppose that makes proper sense, it  just forces me to do a sheet for every drawing now :). 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
5 minutes ago, djobbins said:

So, am I correct in seeing that we can't scale a title block in 2018?  I have always worked with one title block for all my different page sizes and just scaled up or down as needed.  Do I need to create new title blocks for 11x17. 36x24, and 8.5x11 pages?

For the moment yes, but I believe this is going to change soon. I do not know when specifically however.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It should now be working fine, but if the Title Block was converted before the fix, I bleieve it needs to be rebuilt to work properly. Usually reassembling the title block in 2018 from the geometry (not the symbol but the guts of it) is the best way to go and then scaling is a non issue. I havent looked back at this recently but I think the last remaining problem is in older converted title blocks.