Pop up data bar broken

Jonny S

Question

Hi,

When you are creating/moving a new object, the data bar pop up sometimes stops functioning?

E.g. If I draw a line, and then press tab to fill in the distance dimension, I can't type more than the first digit. I can tab between the angle, and other info boxes etc. But I can't enter more than one digit. I can't work out the scenario that is causing this, but I'll keep an eye out.

The only way to fix it is restarting VW, but it can happen quite frequently.

distance.PNG

19 answers to this question

VW2018 Designer Renderworks

Windows 10 64 bit

We have 4 machines experiencing this issue, with slightly different specs. One with a 980, rather than 970 nvidia graphics card. I don't think it is spec related, just a buggy release.

I can use our 2017 version, but not great for the new guy who just joined us with 2018.

DxDiag.txt

2 hours ago, Patrick Fritsch said:

For all that have this problem, for now avoid using the Tape Measure tool, as it happens after the use of this tool on my system. VW are working on a fix.

Does it only happen if you use it with another tool right after using the tape measure tool or also if you use some other tool first and then the tool where you experience the problem (i.e. it is persistent until e.g. a restart of vectorworks)?

I regularly use the tape measure tool and the data bar so this would be a bit of a headache if the problem is persistent after using the tape measure tool

1 minute ago, Art V said:

Does it only happen if you use it with another tool right after using the tape measure tool or also if you use some other tool first and then the tool where you experience the problem (i.e. it is persistent until e.g. a restart of vectorworks)?

I regularly use the tape measure tool and the data bar so this would be a bit of a headache if the problem is persistent after using the tape measure tool

It is only persistent until you reboot VW

1 hour ago, Art V said:

Ouch. Me too. The Tape measure tool is so useful to me that I give it it's own keystroke shortcut. 

But to be honest, even tho vwx 18 has been installed from the moment it was offered to Service Select members, after two attempts both ending in crashes, I have stopped using it till the first svc pack.

Yet again, not so pleased with the yearly cycle. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 2017-09-23 at 8:03 AM, Marc Powell said:

I, too, have experienced this exact issue, but it is not intermittent, and I use this feature ALL THE TIME.

I am using win 10, as well.  NeilB, are you suggesting that the automated migration process may affect the floating datum bar?  I used the automatic migration process (meaning I responded with a yes).

@Marc Powell I'm not suggesting the automated Migration process is behind this floating data bar oddity per se. I was just curious since migration does "interact" with the interface to an extent, so I was looking for a possible connection. Migration doesn't seem to be at play so that's not a concern.

It does sound like the team at Vectorworks Inc is on top of this one so I'm sure a fix will come in the near future.