Back Referencing

Guest BillV

Question

Can you please consider as a matter of urgency  for back referencing to be added to the Drawing Label sheet number when using auto coordination.  This is a basic feature that is missing.

So on linked viewports & on section viewports etc it shows where the detail or section is coming from.

Our major competitors all have this. It is really important for an efficient workflow.

3 answers to this question

Time to stoke this fire… 

I reckon good will still goes a long way because we are still [stuck] being human. To this end I assert that we can improve Vectorworks presence and regard in the world by supporting not just users of the software but those who must work with its output. i.e. Builders or construction managers or council workers etc who must work with plans produced in Vectorworks.

Imagine what effort could be saved, what ease could be enabled and what good will could be conveyed if back referencing was made available for those at the end of the line who would benefit from well-designed documentation facilities in Vectorworks. Conversely, imagine what resentment might exist in the industry towards Vectorworks if it is the only software producing documentation without these benefits. (I've read all major competitors have this facility).  

I think the potential benefits of back-referencing to anyone producing or using architectural documentation are obvious. And even those in the USA who are used to the absence of this facility would surely be pleasantly surprised by the ease offered by back-referencing if implemented. After all, going beyond what is expected is what creates excellent user and customer experiences. 

I've been told 50% of an architect's time is spent on documentation. Surely any feature that can significantly assist with hastening documentation is a no-brainer worth implementing, let alone the ensuing benefits to all who use the documentation thereafter. 

(Yes, this is a repeat of my comment elsewhere as it should be more effective here). 

• Like 1