bohlr

Make all attributes by class

Does anyone have a keyboard shortcut or script to make the default to "Make all attributes by class"

• Like 1

You don't like clicking a 20 x 8 pixel button, then choosing an option from the fly-out menu!? I'm embarrassed to say that I've been annoyed by that tiny button for years, but have never done anything about it.

59c034d09cc34_ScreenShot2017-09-18at4_56_27PM.jpg.374f7f3425c259261897719843c091a3.jpg

• Like 1

@bohlrI've been wanting to find a similar shortcut, but cannot locate "Make all attributes by class" as an option in edit workspace,

There is a drop down menu at the bottom on the attributes pallet that give a choice to make an object " make all attributes by class" or if no object is selected it makes the the default "Make all attributes by class". I was looking for a faster way than having to navigate down the attributes menu and then select an option in a drop down menu.

You could try this script - 

It is for an older version so it doesn't set things like the drop shadow. Someone here may be able to help you update it.

Kevin

On 9/18/2017 at 11:43 PM, bohlr said:

There is a drop down menu at the bottom on the attributes pallet that give a choice to make an object " make all attributes by class" or if no object is selected it makes the the default "Make all attributes by class". I was looking for a faster way than having to navigate down the attributes menu and then select an option in a drop down menu.

Another option could be to set the class to automatically apply the class definitions to objects when they are created in that class. This might solve most class issues when creating them. (Or move them to another class)

On 9/18/2017 at 2:18 PM, RMcK said:

@bohlrI've been wanting to find a similar shortcut, but cannot locate "Make all attributes by class" as an option in edit workspace,

Just to mention it in case it makes a difference, for some reason this is a Design Series-only option... It's a strangely arbitrary thing to omit from Fundamentals, but it doesn't seem to me that the logic as to what's in or out is particularly consistent.