Oval Tool - New Mode

Kevin McAllister

Question

I would like a new mode for the oval tool, where the first two clicks define one axis and the third click defines half of the second axis (from the centre of the oval outward). I find that almost every time I draw an oval its to create an arch of some sort. I know the spring line (centre line of the oval) of the arch and the top point but not the bottom point.

Thanks,

Kevin

59bd636f6b6b7_ScreenShot2017-09-16at10_46_08AM.png.b198e8cecc19aa30c902ee0c64913986.png

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Andy Broomell said:

Currently I find myself using the second mode, then multiplying the width in the OIP by 2. It's a weird workaround to get the oval tool to do what your wish would fulfill.

Ha, that's exactly what I do too.... making sure the appropriate positioning dot is selected in the OIP so the oval expands in the correct direction :)

Kevin

On 9/18/2017 at 1:43 AM, Gadzooks said:

VW innovates with headliners, but there are some times when just looking at the basic tool sets can provide better workflow for users.

This is exactly the type of thing I'm hoping for in the next version - making the existing tools work better.

I don't care about brand new tools nearly as much as I care about improvements to the bread and butter tools that I spend 95% of my day using. Focus on those, please! 🙂

Edited by Andy Broomell