Import Symbols in Hierarchy automatically

Anthony Neary

Question

I haven't got around to installing 2018 yet, maybe it solves this issue, maybe it doesn't.

I would absolutely love it that when I double click on a resource in another file to insert in a drawing I could set an option somewhere in VW to always import these resources in their source folder hierarchy, the option we can choose if we right click and import.

If I'm working on a drawing having to slow down and import every symbol resource (and let's be fair I'm not doing this) is a pain, otherwise if I just double click and drop, it imports the symbol and all of it's pieces in to the top folder location and it gets very messy in there after a while.  Please give us a default option.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

This was posted in 2017. Has this been resolved? I agree. I took the time to set up the folder hierarchies in our favorites file, but when I look at our active files, they are a mess. Would be good if the folder came in with the symbol and when a folder is already there, the symbol went into the correct folder.