Migrating Legacy Titleblocks to 2018

cberg

Are there any tips tricks for migrating old smart custom title blocks from 2017 to 2018?  Some (in earlier posts)  have suggested that legacy title blocks need to be rebuilt entirely.  I'm not sure I'm familiar enough with the new tool to know whether indeed this is the case.  I was able to get my old ones to work (or at least translate).  But I haven't played with the tool extensively.  Would like to export 2018 translated TBs to a Standard TB Seed File for others in my office to use. 

Any insights that can be shared would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Open a 2017 file in 2018. Select an old Sheet Border object. You will see on the Object Info palette the "convert" functionality. You should not have to rebuild entirely. There was a bug discovered that occured if the user had shifted the page on a sheet layer, but as long as your origin has not been shifted on a sheet layer, you should be fine.

52 minutes ago, Robert Anderson said:

There was a bug discovered that occured if the user had shifted the page on a sheet layer, but as long as your origin has not been shifted on a sheet layer, you should be fine.

Oh THAT's why some people have been having issues with it shifting?

I honestly didn't even realize you COULD move the page on a Sheet Layer like you can on a Design Layer. Interesting.

I think part of the problem is that "Lock to Page Centre" is turned on automatically in the conversion process. 2017 Title Blocks ignore this setting when "Use as Title Block Only" is checked. 2018 Title Blocks do not. All of my title blocks shifted to the page edge in the conversion because of this.

Here's a page in 2017 -

59bc6830bb092_ScreenShot2017-09-15at4_51_25PM.png.f78d73b20d2678047bfb8147c03557e5.png

And the same page in 2018 after converting the title block.

59bc68300525a_ScreenShot2017-09-15at4_53_05PM.png.7a3900b35205ca776ef9f15d75731d85.png

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister