Site Model and Multi Pane Crashing

8 hours ago, Peter Neufeld said:

Hello,

This means that you have used the default option when upgrading to 2017 and the Migration Manager has, by default, migrated your old workspace from 2016 (presumably) to 2017.

IMO this migration of workspaces should be off by default and users who radically customise their workspaces would be aware of this and turn it on if need be. However for most users who might only change one or two things, if any, this is a real trap. 

It means any new commands are 'orphaned' and end up in a waste ground area - the 'New' sub menu. I have no idea where the new tools end up probably, no where. It is always best to try and rebuild a workspace if you have to, so that you can start afresh and use the new version's workspace it was designed for. 

You'll need to go to your Vectorworks user account>Workspaces and move out (or rename) the old carried over workspace. Upon relaunch you should see the current one from the application folder alongside yours if you renamed it or not if removed obviously but the 'correct/current' be will be loaded from the application folder.

Cheers,

Peter

I think it gave me the option to migrate my workspace. I chose yes, because I have some custom palettes and so on, although I think the migration process wasn't actually fully successful (it got stuck part the way through and I ended up cancelling it).

I've got a feeling I've run into this before, when I've not been able to find new tools, and it turned out I have to manually add them because of something to do with having migrated.

I risked the workspace migration this year and it wasn't that bad.

Generally there is an (option ?) auto-include new items.

This worked for most new tools. Just some Menu entries were missing.

These are easy to find in workspace editor under "recent changes".

I watched the default workspace to see where they belong and added these.

I case you did larger modifications to your custom workspace, it may be worth

to try migration. If that fails, there are still the default workspaces as a template.