Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Response time too big for array along path script

Alkistis

Hello everyone! 

I am a new user of marionette, and although I am usually working with grasshopper, there are certain things still unclear to me about marionette.. 

In this case, I am trying to duplicate a profile along a given path and then alter the overall shape by a boundary surface. Although the script is running and I have the desired result, every change takes a very long time to update which makes the script very difficult to work with. The file size is not big and the task is not a very complex one, so I think there must be something wrong about the script itself. 

Can somebody help? 

I am attaching the vectorworks file here. 

example-Alkistis.vwx

• Marionette Maven

Hi!

To start off, you're doing nothing wrong.

It looks like the Subtract Solids node is super expensive for this network. That node, by default, will perform a subtraction on each possible combination of the items going into the first port and second port.

I attempted to get around this by editing that node to not cross reference the lists, but that ends up removing your trimming on the objects. (it did, however, make the network run faster)

I'll keep looking at this, but if you want to try to figure something out, just try to minimize one of your lists going into the Solid Boolean node and that should speed things up.