Exporting as a dwg file

Ted Walsh

I am using 10.2 and VW 9.5.3 and a HP 500ps plotter. Thats the infamous model that prints incredible slowly with OS 9 x and not at all with OS 10 x. So I export from my iMac to my Dell and print from it, (which works very well).

My current problem is that 2D VW trees, mainly green, revert to black when exported and opened on the PC. Unfortunately I cannot change symbol colours in Landcadd.

If it is possible to retain the tree symbol colours when exporting, please tell how!

Thanks

Ted Walsh

VW 9 doesn't support 2d solid fills when exporting to dxf/dwg. The object is just empty inside as if no fill was applied.

VW 10 does support 2d fills when exporting.

It sounds like that is what is happening for you.

If you are using OS 10, you may want to look into gimp print and some other posts about using Gimp Print in the printing section.

OR, you may want to consider another alternative to exporting your files rather than DXF/DWG such as image, pdf, printing to a post script file with a generic printer PPD file setup and sending it to the 500 via the command line on the PC.