Multiple Drawing Views - Weird Anomalies

Kevin McAllister

Question

Has anyone else had any weird anomalies when working with Multiple Drawing Views active? Here's an example -

59b9e838f3aa6_ScreenShot2017-09-13at7_19_10PM.png.9a37a53eedbcea024639e6e91606d560.png

I used the Rotate Tool at some point in the right hand pane and now sometimes when I click back into that pane the cursor is still the protractor even if a different tool is selected. In this case the Selection Tool is actually the active tool.

Kevin

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Good catch Kevin.

I hadn't seen this, but have now tried it and find it particularly annoying.

Annoying in that I can't dismiss the protractor and (frankly) annoying that the swift comment from VW Inc via @Chih-Pinis effectively "yes we know". (But not stated) "But didn't want the issue to cloud the (big fanfare) multi-pane release." Pity, as I've used multi-pane in other cad programs for years and expected it to arrive on VW2018 'sweet'.

I'd like to know if VW Inc would list all the other issues that they already know about (yes - like thats going to happen) and will be 'fixed' (caught up with) in the forthcoming SP releases. Would be nice though if there were at least some occasional posts from VW Inc in the 'Known Issues' section - It would be nice to show you're only human!:)

Meanwhile we users will stumble over the issues, day to day, thinking that we ought to help our fellow users by reporting to this forum.

---------------------------

Got that out of my system!

Moving on - In my limited testing, (and here's me back to trying to help) it seems the 'feature' relates only to the next pane used. And also the tool can't be reselected after this event/occurrence. Seems its 'locked-out'.

Just to add (so you can see I'm being fair!) - Generally VW2018 - from my use and reading of others use up to now - is stable and seems to lack any huge problems . And....yes folks, multi-pane is really good and will become second nature!

• Like 2

Hello Gadzooks,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I personally love to browse the forum because of you guys' supports and reports. Every time when I'm seeing the problems from the users that are related to what I'm doing, I feel the need of making some efforts. However, as you may know, the system is extremely complex and we have to take every step very carefully before putting it out to the public. There are also many issues reported internally that may or may not affect the end users. Regardless whether we already knew or had fixes of the issues, the problems reported here will help us push the fixes to the process of making it to the public.

Also glad to hear you like MultiView. There are many folks here making a lot of efforts days and nights to make it happen. B|

Chih-Pin

• Like 1