Vision 2018?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It surely did! We are working on getting together a features list and announcement post, but I think everyone is going to be super excited about this one. Vision 2018 looks amazing! And it runs buttery smooth!

Here are the installers!

http://release.vectorworks.net/nnapub/all/2018/SP0/391023/Vision2018-391023-installer1-win.exe

http://release.vectorworks.net/nnapub/all/2018/SP0/391023/Vision2018-391023-installer1-osx.dmg

• Like 1

Hello, I tried to install the 2018 PC vision installer and got this error:

"The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR110.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I already tried installing it twice. I had no issues with vision 2017. The problem might be on my end but just thought I would bring this up.

Thanks

My first look:

+ Bloom

+ Haze

+ Exposure, Contrast, Gamma etc.

+ Shortcuts

+ Invert Pan/Tilt

+ Fullscreen

+ Better integration with Vectorwroks

- Render Stil, has no save render settings. all the time 4000 x 4000 resolution and default path

- Color Temperature ???

- Move object by DMX ???

- RGB object color by DMX ???

What is Looked At?

Edited by Robert Janiak
12 minutes ago, Robert Janiak said:

My first look:

+ Bloom

+ Haze

+ Exposure, Contrast, Gamma etc.

+ Shortcuts

+ Invert Pan/Tilt

+ Fullscreen

+ Better integration with Vectorwroks

- Render Stil, has no save render settings. all the time 4000 x 4000 resolution and default path

- Color Temperature ???

- Move object by DMX ???

- RGB object color by DMX ???

What is Looked At?

Hey Robert, 

Glad to hear you like the new features! 

As for the negatives, Render Still improvements are on the list but right now capture devices take priority. DMX Xforms are currently in Vision 2018, in the properties window, we just haven't added the node system back in. We are currently exploring other options for this feature that are more user-friendly. 

Object to RGB light conversion is still in the works, it was much easier to implement in the old rendering system of Vision 2.3, but we are looking into it. 

15 minutes ago, jweston said:

Can 2018 handle "prism" from fixtures correctly? Or is this another issue.

Also where in the road map would DMX nodes be for moving truss automation?

We are looking into prisms, there seems to be a bug with some prism fixtures which may be due to our control channel fix. (things like the vl4k, PRG Bad Boy, etc should be working as intended now.)

13 minutes ago, Edward Joseph said:

Hey Robert, 

Glad to hear you like the new features! 

As for the negatives, Render Still improvements are on the list but right now capture devices take priority. DMX Xforms are currently in Vision 2018, in the properties window, we just haven't added the node system back in. We are currently exploring other options for this feature that are more user-friendly. 

Object to RGB light conversion is still in the works, it was much easier to implement in the old rendering system of Vision 2.3, but we are looking into it. 

Oh, thanx for info. I did not known about Xform. I will be testing. 

What is new option "Looked At"?

33 minutes ago, Edward Joseph said:

We are looking into prisms, there seems to be a bug with some prism fixtures which may be due to our control channel fix. (things like the vl4k, PRG Bad Boy, etc should be working as intended now.)

Ah, yeah I am seeing it in the Sharpy as well.I presume this will just be a fix that is resolved when you run the updater?

Short of not being able to move groups of things into an Xform easily it is looking really good!