Drawing Stamp BELOW

Tom Klaber

Question

I am calling this a bug - though I am sure the engineering team will disagree.

Right now the drawing stamp that the new title block border tool creates is below all other objects.  This means you can not put the notice for NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION on top of your titleblock - it needs to find some empty space somewhere.  This should be changed to where the stamp is forward of the title block.  As if, as the name implies, you were stamping and extra notice on your sheet.

I tried to link a text box to the drawing stamp record - but that does not work.  All the formatting is messed up and if you use a Custom name - the linked text reads Custom rather than the input.

The work around is simply to create your own Project drawing stamp field and link the text to that.

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Tom Klaber said:

I am calling this a bug - though I am sure the engineering team will disagree.

Right now the drawing stamp that the new title block border tool creates is below all other objects.

I'd consider it as a bug too. Its not a watermark which would be below, its a stamp, which should be the front object. I would want to put it across the title block.....

Kevin

In testing the stamp text has some other odd behaviour. It seems to get its control handle from some random point when I would have expected it to respect the Text Style alignment point. In my example below, my text style alignment is set to both the horizontal and vertical centre yet my text isn't centred on the blue handle. I like that it allows you to set the stamp text to all caps but I wish that the option was added to text styles instead of the stamp object itself. I find it frustrating when new things don't obey already established VW rules. @JimW is there someone who could speak to why these choices were made?

Kevin

59b960b245229_ScreenShot2017-09-13at9_42_06AM.png.350a571914002e36d2a70c76e077fff2.png

There are other issues with this tool perhaps I should note elsewhere.  The major beef I have with it is that in order to change the drawing stamp one has to convert to and unstyled sheet border then re-create the sheet border style.  Did anyone think about the consequences of this with a 100+ sheet drawing set?  Do I have to manual go to every sheet and re-assign the style just to remove or change a F-ing stamp?

Am I missing something here?

LG

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, lgoodkind said:

Am I missing something here?

Maybe... you should be able to change then stamp and affect all of the title blocks of the same style. To do it, select a Title Block Border object that is styled with the style you want to edit, choose Edit Style from the Style dropdown menu in the OIP, click on Drawing Stamp in the left hand list to go to the Drawing Stamp pane and edit the drawing stamp options there. To affect all of the title blocks you will need to make the parameters "By Style" like so by clicking on the little icons to toggle them -

5a7bc2813f5b0_ScreenShot2018-02-07at7_22_01PM.thumb.png.e5f15bf42e4ff014901e4a9f5d4b9f3a.png

If you don't, then each Title Block Border object will act independently. I just tested it here in VW2018 SP2 on a Mac and it works as expected. I was able to setup and also change a drawing stamp multiple times for all of the title blocks in my test file.

Kevin