Strange Polyline behaviour when using Smartpoints

markdd

Question

I have found that while using the polyline tool I often use the smart points to locate geometry to align to. When I do this with VWX2018, it seems to perform a "delete last vertex" routine. Is this intended? I feel sure it isn't.

I have restarted Vectorworks and the problem persists. Enclosed is a file and a short video.

Thanks

Polyline.mov

Polyline.vwx

Edited by markdd

11 answers to this question

I think this is actually a fairly serious bug that affects any tool based on the 2d or 3d Path Object. I was able to recreate the disappearing point with the 2d Polyline, 2d Polygon, NURBS Curve, 3D Polygon, Wall and Softgoods tools.....

@JimWI'm not sure how to submit this since there's no Bug Submit option to include a video but it should be investigated. Edit: I submitted it with a link to this thread.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister
6 minutes ago, Marissa Farrell said:

I haven't been able to reproduce this one yet, so that's either good news (meaning it's not an issue in more recent internal builds) or my setup is just different enough where it's not affecting me.

That's good news. I submitted it anyway as I was able to reproduce it with multiple tools. I notice that all of us in this thread with forum signatures (excluding you) are Mac based, so maybe that's part of it.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister
6 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

2d Polyline, 2d Polygon, NURBS Curve, 3D Polygon, Wall and Softgoods tools.....

I can confirm this on both my machines as well. It also occurs with the lighting pipe tool and the Rope & Stanchion tool as well..... Anything which uses the polyline tool then?

Edited by markdd