• Announcements

• JimW

How to use the Wishlist   09/21/2016

Create a new post here, stating both what you would like to see added to Vectorworks or it's supporting systems and web pages and why you would like that change made. If you see an idea you like, press the ^ arrow to the left of the post's title to promote that idea or feel free to comment on that idea with any additional considerations or concerns you may have. 
Bret

Publish to PDF on Vectorworks 2018 Fundamentals?

Question

4 hours ago, JimW said:

General Interest:

PDF Export included in Fundamentals

Exactly what it sounds like, Vectorworks Fundamentals now includes PDF Export capability. This feature was a direct response to user feedback.

I was very excited to see this...but then I noticed that .pdf export doesn't seem to be extend into the Publish tool, which means it's still no better than the .pdf printer we already use. Is it possible that .pdf export will make into Publish as well?

If so, that would probably be the #2 new feature for our (Windows-based, Fundamentals-using) firm besides multi-view, even though I'm about to send in a minor bug report for a graphical glitch I'm getting.

P.S. I'm not going to agitate for a UI overhaul, but I do agree that the marketing team should hear that the "enhancements" shown in promotional material, if not available to the end user, are being taken as false advertising and are putting off clients.

4 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Bret said:

I was very excited to see this...but then I noticed that .pdf export doesn't seem to be extend into the Publish tool, which means it's still no better than the .pdf printer we already use. Is it possible that .pdf export will make into Publish as well?

PDF should be one of the output options in Publish, are you saying in 2018 Fundamentals it is not listed there? I can look into this to see if it was a mistake or not if that's the case.

Just now, JimW said:

PDF should be one of the output options in Publish, are you saying in 2018 Fundamentals it is not listed there? I can look into this to see if it was a mistake or not if that's the case.

I can use Export PDF... from the menu, but the Publish tool still only has "DWG/DXF" and "DWF" listed as my options under "Publish To:"

5 minutes ago, Bret said:

I can use Export PDF... from the menu, but the Publish tool still only has "DWG/DXF" and "DWF" listed as my options under "Publish To:"

Looks like this is by design, with Publish to PDF being only for Design series modules. I have moved this to the wishlist.

21 minutes ago, JimW said:

Looks like this is by design, with Publish to PDF being only for Design series modules. I have moved this to the wishlist.

:/ I suspected that might be the answer...that's been on our wishlist as long as batch print has been around. Thanks for looking into it.