Question

Does anyone know how to get an area output for slabs in a 'slab data' worksheet?

3 answers to this question

Kind of!  If you plug in the =ComponentArea formula into a database header, you can extract some information that way.  For example, putting in =ComponentArea(1) will give you the area for the first component of that slab.  It's handy only if all of your slab components have the same area/amount of space.

There may be a way to get the entire area listed, but nothing comes to mind.  The Help Guide lists a lot of 'em, but it may require some digging.

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2018/eng/VW2018_Guide/Worksheets/Worksheet_Functions.htm

Hope that helps! :)

• Like 1

Thanks @VeryCrunchyTaco!

The =ComponentArea is working for this worksheet. I definitely need to dig deeper into the functions for the other worksheets I am trying to create though.

Do you know if the list you sent a link to shows all the available functions, or are there more out there?

Hi again!  Sorry, thought I replied to this.

I believed it showed all the currently available functions, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more available.  I don't know of any, though.  My apologies!