Crash on laptop, works on desktop

Wesley Burrows

Question

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Did something go wrong with the original download for the laptop? It looks like there are 3 versions of it in /Users/wburrows/Dropbox (Vista Production)/Working Plots/000 - Stuff/VW 2018/ or similar. I recommend uninstalling Vectorworks 2018, deleting those other installers manually, download the installer directly to your desktop and then run the newly downloaded one to reinstall. If that STILL fails and crashes on launch, get in touch with tech@vectorworks.net directly. 

(Include a new system profile in your initial email to speed things along, they will most likely ask for it first thing.)

21 minutes ago, JimW said:

Did something go wrong with the original download for the laptop? It looks like there are 3 versions of it in /Users/wburrows/Dropbox (Vista Production)/Working Plots/000 - Stuff/VW 2018/ or similar. I recommend uninstalling Vectorworks 2018, deleting those other installers manually, download the installer directly to your desktop and then run the newly downloaded one to reinstall. If that STILL fails and crashes on launch, get in touch with tech@vectorworks.net directly. 

(Include a new system profile in your initial email to speed things along, they will most likely ask for it first thing.)

The first install didn't accept my serial # for install no matter what I did.   I re-downloaded it and then it accepted it,  but after a seemingly successful install, it would crash on launch.  I tried your suggestion,  same result.   I've contacted the email above. Thanks!