6 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

The initial value for Scale Factor is set to 1 and it is really strange that it defaults to 0 for you. Could you give me link to the submitted bug, or attach the files, that have this issue, here, so that I could investigate the problem further more? Steps to reproduce the bug or screen recording showing it will be helpful too.

Nikolay, my file was submitted via the Bug Submit form. Note that the bug tracking system that is being used by NV employees is not public yet so I cannot send you a link..... :D you're not the first to refer to it in a post.

6 hours ago, ptoner said:

What was the procedure that they told you to do, in order to get the scaling of the titleblocks reset?

ptoner, these are the links to the preference reset instructions that Tech Support sent me - 

Please follow the instructions below to first backup and then reset the Preferences folder.

1. Shutdown Vectorworks and follow the instructions to backup your Preferences folder.

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/articles.html/articles/backing-up-vectorworks-preferences-r609/

2. After backing up the folder, follow the instructions below to reset all Vectorworks preference files.

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/articles.html/articles/troubleshooting/resetting-vectorworks-preferences-r264/

3. Restart Vectorworks and check to see if the problem persists.

VW2018 has required multiple resets in the first month and a bit of use.... far more than any other version.

Kevin

To tack onto this - I'm trying to use a worksheet to edit TitleBlock data from a central location.

I'm having issues with the data being updated from the Worksheet -> Titleblock.

The only record that will update the title block is the "Drawing Description" - and that only once I click into edit mode of the titleblcok and cancel out (It needs to bring up the dialogue box).

All the rest of the reports only have 1 way correspondence - from the Titleblock OIP -> Worksheet.

Has anyone tried this successfully?

On 9/14/2017 at 5:21 PM, wprescott said:

then you cant scale the title block without editing the 2D component.....each time that you use it.

You actually can scale - it just looks a little different in the new object info palette. The scaling drop down defaults to "none" so it looks like there are no scaling options. When you change that to "symmetric" or "asymmetric", the scale factor option appears.

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 5.39.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 5.39.57 PM.png

On 9/14/2017 at 5:21 PM, wprescott said:

THEN....after all that, the project/sheet information DOESN'T EVEN CARRY OVER TO THE NEXT SHEET!!!

I'm having the same issue. Project fields are not carrying over to all instances in the document. This is with a new title block created in 2018 because I had issues converting my 2017 title block.

I haven't had issues with converted title blocks moving but what I have had an issue with and found a fix for, when placing the sheet border, then importing my title block using the menu selector in the settings box, I'd add my block (shown in the preview) but when I click ok there is no title block on the sheet. so I read through this thread and saw the scale factor issue. went back, started with a fresh sheet, add sheet border, open title block settings, set scale factor to 1, because regardless of what Vectorworks is saying the scale factor has defaulted to zero, then I add my title block, click ok and its there. but it's hanging over the sheet border a bit, this is where I'd use scale factor in VW2017 to reduce it to something like 0.98 or similar to make it fit. this no longer works. yea sure you can enter whatever number you want but it does not change anything. and re-opening the settings box does show a scale factor of 0. 

now the converted title block issue I am having is that after title block conversion the date field no longer works. all other fields work fine, just not my date field. I've tried inputting dates from the settings menu and double-clicking on the title block and directly inputting the date, this works until I exit the title block edit and the date disappears. I am lucky enough to still have VW2017 on my station and will be using this until the title block stuff gets sorted out. We are a service select subscriber but I see no added value to this service if the updates don't function as well as previous versions.  

1 hour ago, jwatson4 said:

because regardless of what Vectorworks is saying the scale factor has defaulted to zero, then I add my title block, click ok and its there. but it's hanging over the sheet border a bit, this is where I'd use scale factor in VW2017 to reduce it to something like 0.98 or similar to make it fit. this no longer works. yea sure you can enter whatever number you want but it does not change anything. and re-opening the settings box does show a scale factor of 0. 

If the scale factor is defaulting to zero you likely need to reset your VW preferences. See this thread - 

Kevin

On 12/09/2017 at 9:00 PM, ptoner said:

Exactly what is happening to every drawing created in 2017 with a title block and border. 

My office of 40 staff, could not use this version currently, as it would take countless hours converting and setting every page, of every drawing. 

What happens when, after doing this you open your resource browser, go into 'Symbols/plugin objects' and find the title block 'Style'?

We named our title Block KKL Title block, and with 2018 now have an automatically generated KKL title block 'Style' in the resource browser.

right click this 'Style' and press edit, it will then take you back into that new title block pop up, click 'title block' in the left column and then click 'edit title block layout' of that section.

What do you see? is your old title block there somewhere but way off the page? if it is, move it.... if it isnt, go into the title block in the resource browser,  click edit, copy all the bits in the title block, go back into the 'Style' and 'title block layout' as per my previous instructions and paste it in there.

Hopefully that makes sense... It has worked 100% for us.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2017 at 5:29 PM, Andy Broomell said:

I completely agree.

Vectorworks has this nasty habit of requiring as many clicks as possible.

@JimW - Any way that Vectorworks could look into hiring a full time click reducer? There are so many tasks that require many more clicks than should be necessary. Just one example: https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/45348-image-props-should-auto-recognize-pngs-with-transparency/

They could be paid based on the number of clicks they reduce :D

This is brilliant!  I would contribute to a go fund me to pay this persons salary.    As someone who clicks all day, 5 (or more) days a week,   (90% of the time in Vectorworks)  my clicks are valuable to me,  I fight with carpal tunnel regularly and there are only so many clicks I have before my clicking finger just gives up.  Please don't make me spend them unnecessarily.   It gets to be infuriating when my finger/hand is giving up and I'm clicking when a TAB, ENTER, ARROWS etc will do!  PLEASE.   I'm only half-kidding.   I swear everyday I'm closing in on my clicking fingers MTBF.   (I also own the most ergonomical mouse I could find, an Evoluent Vertical Mouse, and it has been a big help,  but still)  

Edited by Wesley Burrows
13 hours ago, Wesley Burrows said:

This is brilliant!  I would contribute to a go fund me to pay this persons salary.    As someone who clicks all day, 5 (or more) days a week,   (90% of the time in Vectorworks)  my clicks are valuable to me,  I fight with carpal tunnel regularly and there are only so many clicks I have before my clicking finger just gives up.  Please don't make me spend them unnecessarily.   It gets to be infuriating when my finger/hand is giving up and I'm clicking when a TAB, ENTER, ARROWS etc will do!  PLEASE.   I'm only half-kidding.   I swear everyday I'm closing in on my clicking fingers MTBF.   (I also own the most ergonomical mouse I could find, an Evoluent Vertical Mouse, and it has been a big help,  but still)  

A wishlist topic on ‘Less Clicking = Faster Drafting’ was started several years ago, please feel free to weigh in and ‘up vote’ over there:

• 11 months later...

Hi there,

We are having an issue with the title-blocks in Vectorworks 2018.

We are on revision 10 for a drawing, but when we change/add a new revision after revision 9, it won’t let us call it R10 it just reads "..":

any thoughts?

We need to be able to issue dual number revisions...

kind regards anton

Unknown.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @anton5,

I suppose you are not using automatic revision numbering with numbers? If you set Revision Numbering to Auto-Increment and Type of Numbering to Use Numbers, you will be able to have numbers 1-9, 10, 11, etc. However, if you want to have R1-R9, R10, R11, etc. as of VW 2018 and VW2019 you will have to use manual numbering and manually write each next number.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @anton5,

I suppose you are not using automatic revision numbering with numbers? If you set Revision Numbering to Auto-Increment and Type of Numbering to Use Numbers, you will be able to have numbers 1-9, 10, 11, etc. However, if you want to have R1-R9, R10, R11, etc. as of VW 2018 and VW2019 you will have to use manual numbering and manually write each next number.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

okidoki,

yeah we managed to continue the series of numbering by changing it to letters in the settings, than back to numbers again, than it updated, and now shows correct numbering sequence (i.e. number 10), mysteries of VW 😉

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Just to solve the mystery 🙂 , if you have picked manual numbering, we are not thinking of the inputed numbers, as of numbers, but as characters, because for manual numbering we might have completely custom numbers. That is why after '9' comes ':', which is the next character in the ascii table. 🙂

• 1 year later...