I'm having the same issue.

Very concerning when a basic thing like a title block that EVERY diagram has does not work properly. 

When you double click the border to update your info a window pops up that forces you to update the title block. When you do, the title block vanishes & the border moves.

There is no "lock to page center" (unless they hid it) check box so I can't unlock the sheet border & place it manualy.

For now, change your info through.. Object Info / Data Tab.

This does not effect anything but the info

28 minutes ago, crosetti said:

There is no "lock to page center" (unless they hid it) check box so I can't unlock the sheet border & place it manualy.

Fit to page and lock to page center can both be found on the Sheet Border section of the Settings:

59b82df1b9742_ScreenShot2017-09-12at11_54_47AM.png.eb1e2cc6ec0feffa6a34de0c8741d3cc.png

Some settings have moved, but so far haven't seen any removed functionality. I was worried that I'd have to manually re-create all my title blocks for the new system, but so far the auto-convert has worked quite well.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Robert Anderson said:

Hi ptoner, 

Not sure I understand your question. When you convert an earlier-version Sheet Border to a Title Block Border, if the old border was locked to page center, the new one should be also. Look at the Sheet Border tab on the Title Block Border Settings dialog.

bb1.jpg.12dabb383cc479c3b9fb4d4dc7776f24.jpg

once you click either option you get this..

bb2.jpg.9771d705cde7ab2d527900704d2f5188.jpg

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, crosetti said:

bb1.jpg.12dabb383cc479c3b9fb4d4dc7776f24.jpg

once you click either option you get this..

bb2.jpg.9771d705cde7ab2d527900704d2f5188.jpg

Exactly what is happening to every drawing created in 2017 with a title block and border. 

My office of 40 staff, could not use this version currently, as it would take countless hours converting and setting every page, of every drawing. 

Edited by ptoner
1 hour ago, ptoner said:

Exactly what is happening to every drawing created in 2017 with a title block and border. 

My office of 40 staff, could not use this version currently, as it would take countless hours converting and setting every page, of every drawing. 

Ptoner, If you have to change your info do not double click, do it through Object Info / Data Tab. This way it does not do the mandatory update thing.

bb3.jpg.b7e18499e1ed053f17fcefd75fe641c8.jpg

Edited by crosetti

Sadly our smart titleblock, created in 2017 all have this issue. We have to turn off, lock to centre of page, custom page size, turn off border, so it can be dragged to the location it should be.
The lock to page center is not working with titleblocks and borders from older 2017 drawings. 
I have even reworked the template for the titleblcok and when i click center on page... it moves and does not center on the page.
See examples.
Editing from the Object Info does not stop the fact that center on page does not work.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 09.04.38.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 08.49.08.png

Regarding the positioning issue, I found this. If you change the origin of your sheet layer to the centre then all is well. Use the Move Page tool (nested under the Pan tool) to move the page to the centre. This seems to be the case with my drawings from VWX 2017.

Edited by markdd
9 minutes ago, wprescott said:

changing the spacing from the edge of the paper (cause you cant just drag the thing over)

If you have it set to "Use as Titleblock Only" with "Lock to Page Center" turned off, you should be able to move the title block wherever you want.

If you're NOT using it as Titleblock Only, just add a locus point in the 2D geometry to set the spacing from the border.

15 minutes ago, wprescott said:

you cant scale the title block without editing the 2D component.....

Oh gosh... is this true? That's REALLY unfortunate. I hope they re-implement Titleblock scaling because I don't want to have multiple styles just to make the title block bigger or smaller. Vectorworks programmers need to keep in mind the importance of fast, easy, on the fly changes.

I've otherwise thought the redesign has worked pretty well, a few issues notwithstanding.

3 minutes ago, Andy Broomell said:

If you have it set to "Use as Titleblock Only" with "Lock to Page Center" turned off, you should be able to move the title block wherever you want.

If you're NOT using it as Titleblock Only, just add a locus point in the 2D geometry to set the spacing from the border.

ahh, well thats helpful.

however that doesn't fix the other slew of problems with the new system

16 minutes ago, Andy Broomell said:

That is not a solution when most people use borders that are hidden, in order to centre on the page itself automatically, if you change page size etc. 

Edited by ptoner
Just now, Andy Broomell said:

The only major flaw I've seen is the slower processing of entering data. Complete design failure... What used to take one click now takes two! And you can't tab between fields. Not sure what the design vision was here since this is regressive.

(But I'm otherwise happy with many of the other new features which fulfill quite a few requests that have been made on the forums... Just wish there were more beta testing on V1.0)

so i think my biggest issue is that the standard title blocks don't work for me. i need a custom block that i can put what i want into it. but i cant find how to either use the one that i had in 2017 or make a new one and have it available to be me in the title block folder.

each time i want to use it, i have to Re import my graphic template thing

I get the principles behind this and it took me an hour or so to work it all out. But now I like it! The sheet and Project data interfaces need some looking at as they are not as elegant as they could be and it would be really great to be able to reorder the fields to something more intuitive. I think it would be much better if someone made a video about this to try and explain things further. 

One of the really good additions to the title blocks is now they can accept multi line text where I believe that was not possible in earlier versions.

I'm neutral about the new Title Block system so far. I do find this dialog box odd -

59bb235f5d853_ScreenShot2017-09-14at5_41_22PM.png.b8d9e7c78df27d2315f621211e59bff1.png

since it asks a Yes or No question but doesn't give you a No option to choose. There is no way to use your title blocks as they were.

3 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

The only major flaw I've seen is the slower processing of entering data. Complete design failure... What used to take one click now takes two! And you can't tab between fields. Not sure what the design vision was here since this is regressive.

urgh.jpg.c0004086ffd78a184c5da5f56bad3095.jpg

(But I'm otherwise happy with many of the other new features which fulfill quite a few requests that have been made on the forums... Just wish there were more beta testing on V1.0)

Is this the only way to edit the Title Block data? At least it remembers which pane you were last on, so if you're editing title blocks it will open to Sheet Data each time. But as Andy says this is not a well implemented interface. It resembles the old "Data" tab in the OIP. It should resemble the new "Data" tab with direct entry.

This is a feature that would have benefited from an open beta process. It doesn't feel like its had enough input from people who have to use it and it also doesn't adhere to established VW standards very well (Its also hard because there's very little focus from NV on these forums right now. I suspect that everyone is focussed on next week's Design Summit.)

Kevin

• Like 2