PROPERTY LINE TOOL (AGAIN)

bc

HELLO ALL,

I have to once again review the usage of the Property Line Tool.  I only have a PDF with no vector data to utilize.

I realize I could draw the approximate shape and convert to PL via Objects from Shapes command.  I would like to be more accurate and draw it correctly using the tool and the survey info.

I know how to enter the data and can do the straight line stuff OK but these combinations of arcs is confounding me.

Is there anyone out there who can help me wrap my pea brain around this? See screen shot, please.

This Property line goes on to add many more arcs and lines due to a windy hillside road.

Maybe help me  by explaining creating Arc A, add line A, add Arc B. That might be all I need to get me going. I HAVE created an arc and added a line to it, but I break down after that.

If someone could just explain the process/principles of adding the arcs to lines and how, within the PL creation dialog, the back tangent/fore tangents figure into the creation of arcs I would much appreciate it.

Or if this tool remains too difficult, please advise.

Thanks,

bc

PROP LINE.png

Edited by bc

I am not the expert you are looking for, but when I used the PL tool everything was good until I made a mistake. Trying to remove a vertex an add one back was so unintuitive (it was an Arc vertex) that I did better by drawing lines and arcs, composing them, then converting the polyline into a PL object. I'd like a lesson on how to enter and modify data for this tool, too.

Raymond