Vectorworks UK team

I meant if there will be another separate version with local standards and maybe some better unique tools

that will not be available for all other VW Versions, like German or Australian.

I can understand that the "international" Version, which I see more as a US Version, isn't optimized for UK

needs. And I think as a user of the "international" =english Version, would also prefer UK standards and

naming over US standards.

4 hours ago, zoomer said:

I can understand that the "international" Version, which I see more as a US Version, isn't optimized for UK

needs. And I think as a user of the "international" =english Version, would also prefer UK standards and

naming over US standards.

That would be helpful but surely a lot of work to set up and then manage. I would have my doubts that this would be worth the effort but then I do not know the size of the UK market.

Does it happen elsewhere?

Not so far as I know.

But I think the future is a universal VW version,

where users can choose which standards or tools they want to activate.

And especially choosing the App Language.

I remember posts of British people in german offices or Chinese students fighting with the

German Localisation of VW.

I would prefer german or swiss standards with german tools but in english.

Also I think it may be much more productive and useful for all if those 3 Windows Tool

producing parties would collaborate and develop a single Super Window Tool.

On 9/10/2017 at 8:50 AM, Andrew Davies said:

Which conference is that?  Do you have any more info?  I'd be interested too

Hi,

Just in case you haven't found details....

'BIM and Digital Practices'

Tuesday, 3 October 2017 from 09:30 to 17:30 (BST)

Cavendish Conference Centre
22 Duchess Mews
W1G 9DT London
United Kingdom

Organised by Vectorworks UK Ltd.

I was notified by email from VW UK/ Service select Team (are they one and the same?! I don't know)

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 8:50 AM, Andrew Davies said:

Which conference is that?  Do you have any more info?  I'd be interested too

Hi,

Just in case you haven't found details....

'BIM and Digital Practices'

Tuesday, 3 October 2017 from 09:30 to 17:30 (BST)

Cavendish Conference Centre
22 Duchess Mews
W1G 9DT London
United Kingdom

Organised by Vectorworks UK Ltd.

I was notified by email from VW UK/ Service select Team (are they one and the same?! I don't know)

Mark

9 minutes ago, MRD Mark Ridgewell said:

Exactly - I'm unsure as well.

I think (VW Inc are you listening?) the least I hope to get from the conference is who's in the seat now. I'm getting emails from both VW UK and from Exertis about 'their' conference. 

I've asked before (no response from VW Inc) , but could the new UK hierarchy be explained please.

Hi There. It is at face value a bit confusing. Nevertheless VW UK is now run/managed by what was reseller Design Software Solutions in Finchley and at their existing offices in Newbury. I have been a customer with them for the last 5 years or so. What I can say is that I think this is good news for UK customers. This is because they have a passion for customer service and are true experts in the software. We only run a small 4-licence practice, so we are not a "cash cow" to them, but they have supported and encouraged us (without being pushy) from 2d to 3d /Renderworks etc, and have helped us become not only hugely more productive,  but also capable of producing real quality work.  I have no doubt they will continue to support all UK customers in the same vein. Cheers D

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi all

Thanks for your kind comments Barkest and David S. We are very excited to be part of the Vectorworks family and are looking forward to working with you all in the UK.

Just to clarify, the conference on 3rd October 2017 was originally being organised by Exertis, but following the transition, is now being run by the new Vectorworks office in the UK.

If you would like to join us, please register here:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bim-and-digital-practices-tickets-36396951261

We are also running events at our Newbury office on 5th October 2017:

Architects and Interior Designers:

http://bit.ly/2gDsxcS

Landscape Designers:

http://bit.ly/2eJTIWK

As David S mentioned, Vectorworks Inc has acquired one of its former resellers (Design Software Solutions Ltd), to form its first office outside the US. Vectorworks UK Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vectorworks, Inc and is now providing Vectorworks Service Select in the UK. Customers in the UK can continue to deal with their current chosen reseller.

• Like 1