Blank White Render Issue

Nick London

Hi all

I seem to have a reoccurring issue when rendering fast RW / FQRW that it just shows as white and completes after 1 second - If I switch to Open GL or wireframe etc it show the view fine but I have to restart if I want to render properly.

It usually happens after I've made a few changes to the drawing which made me wonder it was a memory/speed issue, when restarting the programme it seems to work fine again until some sort of 'event' then I need to restart again. It's a 92MB file of a shop interior so has rails and furniture but nothing hugely complicated. 

Another similar issue is I often find the cache saves the view when rendering even when adding in objects or making changes - again, restarting always solves this. I find I need to restart about once every 10 minutes which feels really often.

I'm on a one week old new iMac, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5 / 8GB 2400Mhz RAM / Radeon Pro 560 4096MB that I bought specifically to use Vectorworks 2017 on so I was hoping I wouldn't have issues with rendering or memory, there is very little open or even installed on this new computer. It has a fusion drive (combination SSD) which was supposed to help speed up using programmes.

Do you think this is a Vectorworks issue or a computer/memory issue? Does the computer specification above seem OK to everyone? Some of the models are things I've drawn and a few downloaded from 3D libraries, so I'm not sure if something over complicated is taking up valuable memory.

I'd appreciate any tips or suggestions,

Thanks,

Nick

• Like 1