MacOS error: "mdworker quit unexpectedly"

litedesign

Question

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This happened immediately after installing and launching for the first time, or just started recently? Was this a clean installation or were plugins/workspaces migrated from an older one? Does this happen every 60 seconds even with only a new blank document saved to the desktop open?

14 minutes ago, JimW said:

This happened immediately after installing and launching for the first time, or just started recently? Was this a clean installation or were plugins/workspaces migrated from an older one? Does this happen every 60 seconds even with only a new blank document saved to the desktop open?

1.) Started a few months ago.

2.) Migrated

3.) Yes, it happens even when VectoWorks application is closed

I think it has something to do with MacOS Spotlight trying to catalog Vectorworks files in my email inbox.  I'm not sure what the "Vectorworks Plugin" is, where I can access it, or how to fix it.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What installer did you originally use? Was it the one that already included SP6? Or did you eventually install service packs on their own to get to SP6?

In any case, this is most likely the Spotlight plugin we add when installing Vectorworks to allow for a preview of the contents of a VWX file in Finder. The cleanest fix for this is a complete uninstallation and then reinstalling with the 2017 SP6 full installer, which you can get from the Service Select portal if you have a subscription, but if you don't send me a message and I can provide you with one.

It IS possible that this could be corrected by transplanting that plugin from another machine that isn't experiencing the issue, but in my experience when a Finder-related plugin is misbehaving it's best to reinstall.