Dimension lines not showing in Hidden Line viewport 2017 SP4

Darren K

Hi folks,

I am creating some hidden line viewports, and my dimension lines are not showing up.  The text box is still there, but the lines are gone.  Class/Layer visibility is ok.  I tried at first doing a background wireframe and a foreground hidden line, then just a background hidden line.  They will show up when I initially go to the sheet layer, but once the viewport is updated, they disappear. If I use Open GL they are there, but that isn't what I want to send out.  All dims are set to Layer plane.  I've also done a full restart of the program, just in case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I am running Spotlight 2017 SP4 on a mid-2015 macbook pro 15" (El Capitan 10.11.6).

Darren

Dimensions.pdf

You may be onto something there, I moved all of the lines 1" off the ground and now they appear.  I do have a rectangle "stage" that could have been covering them, although I purposely put that at the bottom of the layer stack.  It also changes the plane to 3D from Layer, but I don't know if that matters.

Thanks!

• 5 years later...

Hi Folks, 

Just ran into a similar issue as Darren K.  I was placing dimensions in Annotation Viewport on a sheet layer and my dimension text was visible, but lines were not.  In the OIP, all class settings were correct, and I was placing dimensions within the correct class.  The issue for me turned out to be that "Class Style" under "Pen" in the Attributes tool pallet at bottom left was set to "None".  Changing the Pen to "Class Style" made dimension lines appear.  Hope this is helpful for someone else.