Is there an opposite of Double "C" to zoom out?

I have tried the usual searches on the internet.  I was wondering if I missed it any where.  I know I can use ctrl/alt/space to zoom out by mouse movements.  I like the automatic zoom the "c/c" offers and want to use something similar in zooming out.  I can't even find the option to set up my own Hot Key.

I know it's something obvious I am missing, any  help is appreciated.

Thanks

Martin

I'm going to guess v/v doesn't work because its mapped to the Visibility tool. At least it doesn't work on my machine. I would suggest adding the zoom out tool (looks like a magnifying glass with a minus) to your workspace and adding a keyboard command to it. Its not installed in workspaces of newer VW versions. I have it in my workspace and it worked as you describe when I tried it.

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister
3 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

I'm going to guess v/v doesn't work because its mapped to the Visibility tool. At least it doesn't work on my machine. I would suggest adding the zoom out tool (looks like a magnifying glass with a minus) to your workspace and adding a keyboard command to it. Its not installed in workspaces of newer VW versions. I have it in my workspace and it worked as you describe when I tried it.

Kevin

THANKS!!!  I finally found the Zoom out.  I wasn't looking for it in the work space editor, DUH I was looking for it in VW options.  Found it and mapped V.  I know realize I can add the Designer move point to point to spotlight!  something that i mes when changing work spaces.

Thanks again.

I'm on VW 2017 Designer too, but I must have automatically added it and mapped it to it when I installed and forgot. It's such an old habit of mine to use it I'm sure I put it right back in. It's the "old way" of doing things I guess. I seldom use the Visibility Tool but use the Zoom Out keyboard shortcut all the time. Nice to be able to have the choice ...

Edited by Monadnoc
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't you hate it when you get VW preferences, keyboard short cuts and document setting just how you like it then they come up with a new version and you have to struggle to find out how you had them set before.  Is it me or do they always change where those settings are located each version, is it tools, files or window LOL.  what would be wonderful is you could save all of those and import the setting into a new version.  I do have a blank template saved with classes etc, it's those pesky shortcuts and document setting that reset with each new version.  

12 minutes ago, MartinFahrer said:

Don't you hate it when you get VW preferences, keyboard short cuts and document setting just how you like it then they come up with a new version and you have to struggle to find out how you had them set before.  Is it me or do they always change where those settings are located each version, is it tools, files or window LOL.  what would be wonderful is you could save all of those and import the setting into a new version.  I do have a blank template saved with classes etc, it's those pesky shortcuts and document setting that reset with each new version.  

Use Tools>Migration Manager to bring your settings forward from the previous version. This is the first time I've tried it with my workspace and everything has behaved so far.

Kevin

I took the risk to migrate my workspace and settings with VW 2018 after years again.

So far not that bad. Not completely loss less but at least no bigger problems so far.

But my Workspace is now under official surveillance for other reasons.

I hope that will finally allow an official judgment if migrating a workspace is really

a good idea.