Shiiping container model wanted

Here is a container from sketchup .skp (cleaned up and ready to go). It can be used in VW2015 onwards

Works fine in VW (I can't put it in there as I am an education user and you would get a watermark).

Import as sketchup, make sure you have create renderworks textures for all materials. The resulting import will be a symbol which can be resized as required. You can delete Layer_Layer0 material and changes the others to suit.

shipping container.skp

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 07.56.00.png

Edited by barkest
  • Like 2
On 31/08/2017 at 0:06 AM, Taproot said:

Here's a standard 20' and a 40' high cube.

These are realistic in the sense that the surfaces are corrugated.  If you are planning to modify the units, I've found subtracting / adding solids to be the easiest workflow.

Cargo Containers 20 & 40 High Cube.vwx

That's great, one slight problem is that it won't open in VW2016, Do you have it it 2012 onwards? cheers

On 31/08/2017 at 7:52 AM, barkest said:

Here is a container from sketchup .skp (cleaned up and ready to go). It can be used in VW2015 onwards

Works fine in VW (I can't put it in there as I am an education user and you would get a watermark).

Import as sketchup, make sure you have create renderworks textures for all materials. The resulting import will be a symbol which can be resized as required. You can delete Layer_Layer0 material and changes the others to suit.

shipping container.skp

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 07.56.00.png

thanks I might give it a go if the VW file method proves troublesome although I don't have Sketchup

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/30/2020 at 5:16 AM, JustinVH said:

@trashcan There are shipping containers in the Resource Manager in the Objects-Landscape Site>Equipment Shipping Containers file.  There are multiple sizes and they can be connected together to make different structures.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 17.15.31.png

Bit of an old post - I wondered is it possible to close the doors on these containers with a setting or do I need to edit the symbol?

Thank you and sorry for a silly question