Cadplan Architecture

Shiiping container model wanted

Here is a container from sketchup .skp (cleaned up and ready to go). It can be used in VW2015 onwards

Works fine in VW (I can't put it in there as I am an education user and you would get a watermark).

Import as sketchup, make sure you have create renderworks textures for all materials. The resulting import will be a symbol which can be resized as required. You can delete Layer_Layer0 material and changes the others to suit.

shipping container.skp

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 07.56.00.png

Edited by barkest
  • Like 2

On 31/08/2017 at 0:06 AM, Taproot said:

Here's a standard 20' and a 40' high cube.

These are realistic in the sense that the surfaces are corrugated.  If you are planning to modify the units, I've found subtracting / adding solids to be the easiest workflow.

Cargo Containers 20 & 40 High Cube.vwx

That's great, one slight problem is that it won't open in VW2016, Do you have it it 2012 onwards? cheers

On 31/08/2017 at 7:52 AM, barkest said:

Here is a container from sketchup .skp (cleaned up and ready to go). It can be used in VW2015 onwards

Works fine in VW (I can't put it in there as I am an education user and you would get a watermark).

Import as sketchup, make sure you have create renderworks textures for all materials. The resulting import will be a symbol which can be resized as required. You can delete Layer_Layer0 material and changes the others to suit.

shipping container.skp

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 07.56.00.png

thanks I might give it a go if the VW file method proves troublesome although I don't have Sketchup

9 hours ago, Cadplan Architecture said:

thanks I might give it a go if the VW file method proves troublesome although I don't have Sketchup

You don't need Sketchup. Just import directly into VW. You can scale and retexture inside VW as well. It is all good to use

He has VW 2016 and the SKP file is a too new version so he needs Sketchup

to convert to previous SKP version or a VW 2016 import (?)

On 31/08/2017 at 7:52 AM, barkest said:

On 9/3/2017 at 2:52 AM, Cadplan Architecture said:

That's great, one slight problem is that it won't open in VW2016, Do you have it it 2012 onwards? cheers

Barkest may have already met your need, but sure ... here's a 2012 version of the file:

Cargo_Containers_20_&_40_v2012.vwx

@trashcan There are shipping containers in the Resource Manager in the Objects-Landscape Site>Equipment Shipping Containers file.  There are multiple sizes and they can be connected together to make different structures.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 17.15.31.png

• Like 2