OpenGL vs Renderworks Issues

Diana A

Hi Support Forum - I have found when rendering the  GL render will colour one way, for example the kitchen units will be blue, but then when I render in Final Quality Renderworks items change colour i.e. the units are now white for example in a kitchen view, plus items such as the worktop will dissappear, though a rough looking black outline remains. Then when I save my file as a PDF or Image File the printed line quality is very bad and ruins the view, even though on screen it looks better.

Have you any tips or ideas regarding the change of colour, items missing and printed line quality?

Many Thanks

Diana

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Could you post screenshots of what you are seeing? That often makes it much easier to troubleshoot rendering related issues.

For the PDF export, my guess is that the DPI for either the export itself or the sheet layer you are exporting from has been set too low. They may default to 72 by default, but 150-300 will look much better.

Many of these objects that have solid black lines but few surfaces appear to be extrudes from non-filled polylines. Exit these extrudes and make sure their source geonetry is both "Closed" on the object info palette, and listed as having a solid fill in the Attributes palette.

There also appears to be quite a lot of light in this render, which may cause the colors to wash out, this could be due to more than one heliodon, no roof/ceiling on this scene, or too high an Ambient Light setting in your renderworks style.

• Like 1

My first reaction when I saw the screenshots was to check on the geometry of those hollow objects and possibly remake them again.

I'd suggest controlling your light levels before rendering, one by one and see the effect on the scene. start with all off, then turn on light sources one by one and finally to balance the scene add ambience light.

• Like 1