Resource Browser Search bar faulty?

I teach Vectorworks Interior design. Some of my students when searching say 'sofa' will not have any content found whereas others will. I can navigate manually to the content in the sidebar, but the search comes up with nothing? All the computers have the same files and I have checked the search is set to 'All Resources'. Any ideas???

Pretty soon I'll be out of ideas.  BUT:  If you click on the magnifying glass in the search field of the resource manager, is Everywhere checked?

I'm not sure how VW resource search knows where to look.

I just tried an experiment.  In a blank document I created a symbol with a name I was pretty sure wouldn't occur anywhere else.  I saved the file to the desktop.  Restarted VW.  The resource manager search couldn't find it.

I then moved the file to user/Library/Application Support/Vectorworks/2017/Libraries (Mac OS.  I assume there is a similar location for Windows) and restarted.  Resource manager search found it!

It would be interesting to know if your misbehaving computers have the library files in the correct place and if VW has been restarted since the migration.

@michaelk a restart could be the key here as they hadn't done that since the files were migrated! i will also check that the files are all in the same folders. I did check the 'search everywhere' part with no luck.

I don't have access to the computers until tomorrow. i will try in the morning and get back to you. thank you so much for your help so far.

• 1 year later...

I've found the search function to be not very intuitive, the more specific you are, the less likely you get a result. Type in 'handles' and I get some kind of taps. Type in 'pulls' and you get nothing, type in 'pull' and you get a whole list of handles. Type in 'pull handle' and you get about 3 results. Needs some attention imo, 👍