EXPORTING FROM VW10

Marietta

I am having problems exporting some of my files from VW10 to autocad 2000. In one file, it worked very quickly, but found that I wanted to change one of the export parameters (export layers as layers instead of classes). Now the export tool gets hung up and I gave up exporting. I reinstalled the program thinking that may help, but it does not. I wish to export the 2d fills to autocad and this function may be what is causing the problems. Please help.

When it gets "hung up", how long do you wait before you quit?

I've seen some exports/imports take 15-30 minutes to complete due to complexity and number of objects as well as the type of objects being converted.

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

When it gets "hung up", how long do you wait before you quit?

I've seen some exports/imports take 15-30 minutes to complete due to complexity and number of objects as well as the type of objects being converted.

I have tried for about 30 minutes. The first time I tried took about 2 minutes to perform, then using the same file, it seemed to hang. Also, I tried a very simple file with some colour symbols, and that one hung also.